Wednesday 30 March 2011

1st Corps Scythed Chariot.

The latest addition to my Seleucid host:


Originally I was going with an all red finish as depicted in the Seleucid Montvert but then I was divinely inspired to alter this to a more 'Starsky & Hutch' livery. Sorry thats just a pack of lies, what I actually did was a fast re-paint job after viewing Dean M's sterling effort on his WAB Corner Blog. Many thanks for the inspiration Dean.
On a technical note the reins were added using thin lead foil and copious expletives.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - great basing too. I see you opted to paint the chest barding as apdded armor. I was wondering that too - it appears to be padded armor, but I got lazy and just went with bronze like the rest of the armor. Oh, and excellent touch with the reins; very well done. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to ask - what did you do with the rack of "teeth"? I couldn't figure out where it should go - so it's sitting in my parts bin. Thanks, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. It initially occurred to me that it may be an ancient equivalent to the Cullen hedgerow device but on reflection I believe it is supposed to be fitted underneath the cab of the chariot to deal with anyone who managed to avoid four sets of flailing hooves. So I to consigned it to the spares bin.
    How did you find the kit generally? I thought the fit of the cab sides was good but figuring out how to fit the chariot poles and yoke together was a bit of a head scratcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the exact experience with the build. Cab pretty straight forward. At first I was surprised it had a rear panel. Isn't the driver supposed to jump out at the last moment? And although I'm happy with the way it fits overall, I'm still not 100% sure I lined up the pole & yoke right. Anyway, happy it's done and don't plan on adding another one anytime soon. Basically it is added to the army for "historical" aesthetics more than anything. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete