Wednesday 5 November 2014

Whitey!

Finished off the test figure for the second maniple of Italian Allies yesterday evening. Decided to go for a lighter palette this time round:



Lots of Vallejo Panzer Colour being used on these figures. The base for the tunic & shield are Canvas, with white added for the highlights; the red feathers are a base coat of Tail light with Carmine Red highlights.
Its early days, but I think I may have finally conquered my ( irrational) dislike of Republican Romans with these figures!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I may have to 'borrow' this look if I ever get around to a Camillan Roman army...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great, always a hard slog painting so many of the same figures but the end result is always worth it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, HGA. I recall white being favored by some of the early Italian types. I like the look of the helmet plumes too. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean, the helmet plumes remind me of Red Cloud's war bonnet.
      Regards HGA.

      Delete
  4. Your paint job is fabulous, but your dislike of Romans is not irrational. :)

    ReplyDelete