Sunday 14 April 2013

Warfare in the Age of Reason.

Inspired by yesterdays AWI game I've decided to dust off my modest Seven Years War collection and get it finished off.
I started this project in the mid nineties using Revell 1/72nd scale Austrians & Prussians then moved into 28mm with Crusader Miniatures Austrians & Hungarians and later on Foundry Prussians.
This all fizzled out a few years later when the Foundry release schedule went off the rails & never got going again, until now that is.

So far I've made tentative in-roads into rebasing my painted figures, starting with a few command figures & some light infantry types. I don't want to start on any of the line units until I settle on a set of rules to use, so far I can't decide whether to stick with Warfare in the Age of Reason or try Age of Honour which are based on the Fire & Fury system.

Anyway her are a few tasters:

A rather portly Prussian Officer.



A rather less portly officer of Frei Husaren Kalben.


"Green" Kleist with two members of his Band & a Croat of his Freikorps.

2 comments:

  1. Really cool looking figures and great painting, HGA. I love the hussar and the bandsmen. Best wishes on this "new" project. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks Both, re: painting horses or people I try to keep the painting of the horses simple & concentrate on the rider as rightly or wrongly he tends to be the focal point.
    Regards HGA.

    ReplyDelete