Sunday 26 March 2017

Another 1:1 Scale Project. This time a Lange Messer.

It's been a long time since I last tried my hand at any kind of smithing, but I've always wanted to have a go at making my own sword so I sourced some high tensile steel & got stuck in. There's still a way to go but here is a quick look at progress so far.



The hilt elements are all hand forged & the blade a mixture of forging & stock removal i.e grinding. There's still quite a bit of work to do & I'm not 100% happy with the proportions of the hilt but so far its been an interesting project. More on this soon.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you never cease to amaze, HGA! I like the look so far. You've seen the Windlass Falchion I have - Messers seem to be designed for the same type of use.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Bihar Model Paper 2022 for 12th Class Released share a huge change in the paper pattern. As per the model papers, the Students would now have 50 per cent Choice in the Model Set Paper 2022, Bihar Question Paper 2022 for Inter Exam Announced Share a huge Change in the Question Pattern. Bihar Board 12th Model Paper 2022 BSEB Intermediate Arts, Science, Commerce Exam will be held in two shifts, Bihar Board 12th Class Practical Exam 2022 will be held Prior to the Theory Paper in the month of January 9th, (Saturday) 2022 and January 18th, Monday 2022, Bihar Board 12th Class Arts, Science, Commerce Question Paper 2022 Pdf Available at Official Website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it correct you game in the oswestry area. If so I'm very interested.

    ReplyDelete